At Keuka College, We're Here for You Every Step of the Way
The Keuka College Writing Center supports good writing and thoughtful reading, helping to equip students for success both academically and professionally. We assist writers of every level, in every discipline, at every stage of the writing process. Our writing specialists and tutors are trained, knowledgeable, and interested readers, providing collaborative and interactive tutoring in a supportive environment.
In addition, the Writing Center is a hub for all things word-related, helping to foster and encourage a culture of writing on campus. To that end, we:
- celebrate writing and reading through a variety of activities and events
- encourage non-student writers to come in for feedback on assignments and other texts
- support Writing Across the Curriculum initiatives and goals
- provide professional development opportunities for student tutors and others in the campus community
- provide outlets, venues, and support for publications and writing groups.
Get Writing Help
- Go to keuka.mywconline.com
- Create an account (first-time users only)
- Log in with your new account information
- Choose either the VIDEO CONFERENCE or WRITTEN FEEDBACK schedule, depending on which you prefer.
- Fill out the appointment form and attach (upload) your paper to the form.
If you chose WRITTEN FEEDBACK, you will receive feedback on your paper by email within 48 business hours (usually sooner, unless we are very busy).
If you chose a VIDEO CONFERENCE, we may need to get back to you to set up a time when Writing Center staff is available. Either way we will email you.
- Brainstorming, idea generation, and getting started
- Understanding assignments
- Grammar and punctuation
- Drafting and revision
- Outlining and organization
- APA and MLA formatting, quotations, and citations
- Research and documentation