• Dr. Smith has served Keuka College in several capacities since 1994. He has served as Professor, Division Chair, Associate Dean, Associate Vice President, and Vice President of the College.
• Dr. Smith was the first faculty member to teach in the Keuka China program in 2002 and developed the Keuka Vietnam program and the Wertman office of Distance Education. Dr. Smith has worked in more than 20 countries in support of Keuka’s internationalization and international programs.
• Prior to joining the Keuka Faculty, Dr. Smith spent 15 years in the Hospitality and Healthcare industry in senior leadership positions including Aramark Corporation, a multi-billion dollar services management company
• In addition to his corporate entrepreneurship, he is also a private entrepreneur and has owned an adventure travel company. He has owned Trimmer House Bed &Breakfast for the past twenty years as well as a property management company that owns real estate rental property.
• Dr. Smith serves on several Boards including the Seneca Waterways Boy Scout Council Executive Board and the Keuka Lake Enterprises Board of the Yates County ARC.
• Dr. Smith’s academic interests include leadership and strategic planning and he conducts research and publishes on the subject of entrepreneurial college presidents and leadership. He has led numerous group Field Periods at home and abroad including the Keuka College Women’s Basketball team trip to China in 2006.